Municipal Complaint Form

Alternate formats of this form are available upon request.

Definition of a complaint 

A Complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to Town of Huntsville programs, facilities, services, staff or operational procedures, where it is believed that the Town has not provided a service experience to the customer's satisfaction at the point of service delivery.


The Town of Huntsville Clerk’s Department is governed by its Municipal complaint policy which explains how we receive and handle complaints from citizens who are dissatisfied with service, actions or lack of action by a Town department or staff member.

Making a complaint

You have selected to complete this form in good faith that you have already had conversations with other Town staff or departments and are further, not satisfied. Since you are not satisfied with how your initial concerns were handled, you can submit a written complaint by completing this form.


This municipal complaint form will be received by the Town Clerk's Department staff who will log each complaint, give it a tracking number and direct it to the appropriate department as needed; keeping you informed during the process.


All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act.


If you wish to speak with the Municipal Clerk prior, or following the completion of this form, please contact

Note: after we work with you to resolve your complaint, if you are still unhappy you can contact the Ombudsman’s Office directly for external review.